A BIG UTILITY COMPANY
STANDARDIZATION OF THE PASSIVE INVOICES
An italian cooperative multiutility group with over one century of history chose ReCheck.
- To import hundreds of energetic bills coming from different providers in the accounting system with a unique importation path.
- To import many complex invoices with a high number of rows, as the phone bills, in the accounting system.
ReCheck allows the company managers to process the incoming PDF, by extracting the necessary data in a unique format ready to be imported in SAP. Regarding the phone bills, the software verifies all the rows of the invoices and split them according to the consumptions, as to import single data into the ERP.
In few hours they can do a job that before required a week. They experienced also the certainty to import verified and secure data.
Once the software has been configured, the administration staff can manage all the tasks, no need to involve the IT Support Team.
PREVENTIVE CONTROL ON OUTCOMING BILLS
Nordovest Energie is a Utility company, located in Piedmont (Italy), which provides with electricity and natural gas, and chose ReCheck.
- To check the PDF of the bills before printing/sending to the final customers, to avoid mistakes, inconsistencies and missing data. The billing software could not verify the step between the issue of its data and the printing/sending of the PDF, and then it could not detect the eventual mistakes (related to, for example, the printing spooler).
- To certify the production process about the tax documents, as required by their Board of Auditors.
The use of ReCheck allows the company managers to process their bills in PDF automatically, detecting the eventual mistakes before sending to the final customers. No need for manual checks or spot checks, ReCheck verifies all PDF files. Furthermore, it allows to certify the check process regarding the bills production as required by the Board of Auditors, dedicated to the accounting and administrative control on the company.
The company can control all the out coming bills, not only with a manual spot check, and can considerably reduce the margin of error. This improves the whole accounting and administrative management.
Once the software has been configured, the staff of the Billing Department manages independently all its tasks, without depending on the support of the IT team.
AN ITALIAN COMPANY – FOOD & BEVERAGE INDUSTRY
STANDARDISATION OF THE PRODUCT CODES BETWEEN THE COMPANY AND ITS SUPPLIERS
An important company has chosen ReCheck to extract and standardise the product codes included in the transport documents and other ones.
- Extract the product codes contained in the transport documents that arrive from its suppliers and transcode them to the format the company used, automatically. The different coding systems used in different companies and the lack of a standard for the transport documents – unstructured and different for each company – imposed a manual transcoding and human control activity. It was a very complex task to manage during the products arrival, with a very limited time of acceptance is required.
- Extract data from account payable and relate them, automatically, with already available information, as price lists or contracts, to verify the correspondence. This control was carried out by employees with manual activity.
Employees use ReCheck to extract the product codes from the transport documents of the suppliers and automatically put them in relation with the product codes used in the company, already saved in the Relational Tables (feature of the software). The system uses Web Services to check the data of the ERP. Moreover, ReCheck verifies that the quantities are in line with those of the purchase order. The software detects the anomalies and give appropriate warnings to the operator. Using ReCheck, the company has improved and sped up the process of detection of incoming goods and the management of warehouse loading movements too. Furthermore, their managers decided to use ReCheck to extract the data of the accounts payable and to compare them with already available price lists and existing contracts. The Relational Tables of the software store this data and this feature verifies the congruence of unit prices. This is a full automatic control made by the software.
The company uses only one software to automatically detect different data in different types of documents coming from different suppliers. Thanks to the Relational Tables feature of ReCheck, the transcoding activity of the product codes has been completely automated. Their employees has a full (non-random) check on document data, without any manual activity. It detects errors and verifies the correspondence of information related to product codes, price lists and orders. ReCheck has helped the company to increase its efficiency, speed and productivity. All the extracted data has been acquired by the ERP, using customized import procedures.
Once the software has been configured, the staff of the Billing Department manages independently all its tasks, without depending on the support of the IT team. When the Relational Tables and Web Services are ready, the staff needs only a couple of training sessions to start using the software.
AN ITALIAN COMPANY – SERVICES INDUSTRY
AUTOMATING DATA EXTRACTION FROM DIGITAL AND HANDWRITTEN FORMS
A company used ReCheck to process paper (using OCR/ICR features) and digital forms, including handwritten contents.
- Reading and extracting data from different kind of forms, including handwritten contents, to make them available for marketing and sales teams for further analysis, using other systems.
- Reducing time and costs of data entry by the people in charge.
ReCheck allows people to have a system that automatically analyzes forms. In particular, it extracts data from scanned documents, including the handwritten contents. ReCheck integrates OCR/ICR technologies to automatically read the fields compiled by hand. The use of special dictionaries and the definition of topologies helps ReCheck to interpret the written words, so it can understand if is looking for names, codes, dates or numbers. The data can be verified and subsequently exported to be stored and classified in the IT systems already used by the company.
The company automated the data extraction process from filled forms. In particular, it had tangible benefits from the handwritten content recognition system, that was a very time consuming activity for its employees when they needed to do a human check. They eliminated most of the related costs, as well as those for their manual data entry into their systems. Overall, this contributed to a very good balance in saving and investment for the software. Finally, all the data can be used for other analysis and reports.
After a couple of weeks of training, the Marketing and Sales staff managed independently all its tasks. The IT team was initially involved in the configuration steps, in particular for the testing of the OCR/ICR features.